PhD Fellow at Centre for Citizenship, Civil Society and the Rule of Law
Dr Cristina Flesher-Fominaya
Dr Trevor Stack
Fields of Interest
Historical, Political and Economic Sociology, Political Theory, Critical Theory, Alternative Economies, Cryptomarkets
Teaching (University of Edinburgh)
– Sustainable Development 1A (Winter semester 2015/2016)
– Sociology 1B (Summer semester 2015/2016)
– Sociology 2B (Summer semester 2015/2016)
Book Review: Hahnel, Robin and Eric Olin Wright. 2014. Alternatives to Capitalism: Proposals for a Democratic Economy. British Journal of Sociology. 5 August 2016.
- 2018: Co-organized an international conference “Radical Protest in Constitutional Democracy” at the University of Aberdeen.
- 2015/11/06: Co-Organising and chairing the roundtable discussion “Migrant Voices – Public Narratives”. Organised by Sociology, University of Edinburgh in collaboration with Archivio delle Memorie Migranti (Rome, Italy) and LIVED (Charity)
- 2015/12/10-11: Co-Organising the conference “Weber / Simmel Antagonisms: Staged Dialogues”. Organised by the Max Weber Group of the British Sociological Association and Sociology, University of Edinburgh.
- 2016/03/21-22: Presentation ‘Multi-sited Ethnography and Organisational Ethnography: Thoughts on their Combination in the Context of Worker Cooperatives’; also member of the organising committee for the conference “New Directions”. Organised by Sociology, University of Edinburgh.
- 2016/09/22-24: European Society for Social Drug Research; Presentation with Dr A. Bancroft ‘Pricing Strategy of Drug Vendors on Dark-Net Markets’.
- 9th International Research Methods Workshop ‘Methods for PhD’ (Grounded Theory, Qualitative Comparative Analysis, Social-Network Analysis
2011-2012: Magister Litterarum (Master of Letters) in International Political Theory, The University of St Andrews / United Kingdom. Dissertation: ‘Arendt Dates Marx: Capitalism as the Mortician of Worldliness’
2008-2011: BSc (Bachelor of Science) in Economics and Management, Libera Università di Bolzano (The Free University of Bolzano) / Italy
2011, Summer term: Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey (ERASMUS)
2009, Summer term: National Sun-Yat-Sen University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan (awarded via a bilateral university agreement)
Scholarship from the region South-Tyrol in Italy for 2009-2011: “Borsa di Studio della Provincia Autonoma di Bolzano, Alto Adige”